Study for a REPs recognised – Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) through classroom sessions or distance learning.
BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised by national and international Awarding Organisations. Our Level 2 Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your qualification will be recognised by all major registering bodies such as REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals – UK), CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), ukactive (formally known as FIA (Fitness Industry Association), NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers), EREPs (European REPs) and ICREPs (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programs within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Gym Instructor.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 3 Personal Training and Level 3 GP Referral.
This qualification is made up of 6 units:
- Knowing how to support clients
- Health and Safety in a fitness environment
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of exercise, health & fitness
- Planning gym-based sessions
- Instructing gym-based exercises
The price for this course is £370, this can also be paid in 10 monthly installments of £37 with 0% interest and no credit check.
Graduates will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym).
Our qualification is accepted by REPs, EREPs, ICREPs, UKActive, NRPT and CIMSPA.
- REPs Membership – Graduates will be able to apply for REPs membership to become a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals. You will also be able to apply for professional insurance. Please visit the REPs website to find out the cost of joining REPs and REPs insurance. Please note that our courses don’t cover the costs of joining the REPs or REPs insurance. We provide a REPs recognised certification only, if you would like us to include REPs registration or REPs insurance fees in your course price, please contact us.
- CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is becoming one of the most well known and respected registers for exercise professionals and so our qualification will allow you to become a member of CIMSPA.
This course is delivered in high-quality fitness venues across London:
- The Gym Group London Vauxhall, 6A Saint George Wharf, Wandsworth Road, SW8 2LE. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- The Gym Group London Waterloo, 195 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8UX. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in Central London. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- The Gym Group London Ilford, 970 Romford Road, Ilford, London, E12 5LP. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in East London and Essex. This venue includes a classroom facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers, fully equipped changing rooms and free car parking on site.
- The minimum age for entry to enroll on to this course is 16 years of age.
- Learners will need to have basic level of English Literacy and Numeracy to enroll on to this course.
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- The course price includes a paper manual that will be provided to you at the beginning of your course. This will not only help you during your studies, but will continue to provide you with useful information throughout your career.
- This course provides learners with free tutor support available via phone, e-mail or in person at our East London venue (Mondays and Tuesdays 8pm-10pm). This support will aid you in your studies, ensuring you feel confident in passing your exams.
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing mock tests, additional information for your course units, company policies and learner induction.
- You will receive your paper portfolio to be completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from day one.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- You will have access to mock tests to help prepare you for your theory exams.
- You will be given practical mock exams to ensure you are fully prepared and confident for your final practical exam.
- All theory and practical assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Company Completion Letter will be given to you upon completion of the course normally within 5-10 working days (allowing you to get REPs membership and start working immediately).
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards.
BISMA has a large network of contacts with professionals such as fitness managers recruiting for health and fitness venues, allowing us to direct graduates to job opportunities with large employers such as:
- The Gym Group (locations nationally)
- Pure Gym (locations nationally)
- The Apple’s Health Clubs (London)
- Virgin Active Health Clubs (locations nationally)
- Target Fit (London and Essex).